Thursday, July 31, 2008

First bath in the tub...










Danielle had the great experience today of having her first bath in the tub!!! This was very fun for Mommy too because I got to bathe her. She loved it! I will tell you though it was challenging. Mostly because she decided to poop two times during the bath so that definitely prolonged the experience. We had to clean the tub and change the water two times before we got the actual bath finished. She didn't even make a peep, she was just looking around and up at me. I didn't know how she would react to my voice, since I had a mask on I didn't know if my voice would sound different to her and I was worried it wouldn't be as calming. But it was such a great time and I am very happy that I was part of the experience. Here are a few pictures.


Also before the bath we switched her bed out to a new clean one. The same type of isolet but she should be getting a new bed every 2 weeks. So it really made us feel good that she was nice and clean after a bath and had a nice clean new bed to lay in after the bath.



No other changes have been made this week. She is still very close to coming off the CPAP but right now they are just going to leave her on it and rethink it next week. They just don't want to push her too much, which is fine with us also. We are so happy she is on CPAP!! She is still up to full feedings, no IV's or anything. Her hemoglobin came back up so right now she does not need another transfusion. She is getting just over 1/2 ounce of food every 3 hours. She is still weighing in at just over 2 pounds.



So that is about all of the update for now. Just a steady, easy pace and that is what we like. When you are the parent of a preemie you don't want a lot of excitement going on, so this pace is fine with us and she is doing great! We keep praying for many, many more days, weeks like this.~

No comments: