Friday, July 11, 2008

Eyes open today...YAY!




Miss Danielle decided to open her eyes this morning for the very first time! This is so exciting. Today it was so sweet as I would talk to her she would look up at me and follow my movements with her eyes. Just even more of a bonding experience watching her look at us when we talk to her.
She is tolerating her feedings and today they changed her feeds from every 6 hours to every 4. She is having trace to no residuals so we want to keep that going especially as she gets feeds more frequently. Also today the doctor told me he no longer things she is in "renal failure". This is such great news especially because it was so controversial anyway. So we just want her to keep peeing good and today she did just that! They broke me in and I am now changing her diapers regularly. And it is a challenge because she is in the isolet and when she is on her belly you can't flip her over to change her so you have to do it backwards, I forgot what that was like!

Today she was dropping her stats and o2's very often. She would come back up on her own though. It is a little concerning, the doctor this morning though said she will have days like this. It is just making sure the nurses don't overstimulate and crank up her oxygen because it does NOT help her it makes it a lot worse. When I got there this morning that is exactly what was happening because the night nurse had not relayed this information. The nurse was frustrated I told her to trust me and I gave her the run down on Danielle. She was very responding and appreciative. This made for a much better day. This afternoon she was still having the spells but her stats weren't getting quite so low. So hopefully this will slow down and stop soon. I held her for just about 3 hours and even during the Kangarooing it was happening. I could tell every time she was going to drop her heart rate because she would press her feet strongly against my hand that was holding them. So we pray for good stats, that she eats all her food and that everything else continues to go good for her. Father Klein from St. Pius came up and prayed over her and I today and it was such a peaceful feeling, just made me feel even more like everything is going to be okay, God is with us.~

No comments: