Wednesday, January 9, 2019

A Rainy Monday.....

Wrote May 14, 2018
Its Monday, a new week, another worry :-(
Yesterday was Mothers Day. a rainy day in both our emotional world and our physical world. Our morning with Danielle started ok. She made me the most beautiful picture card, complete with handprints as flowers. My heart melted. I secretly had been wanting something with her handprint on it, and had often thought about taking her to the kitchen table to draw hers out. Then her nurse did it for me.

It is like God is popping up everywhere and saying, 'I got you covered! And has crazy as that sounds, I don't really need for anyone to understand other than Brad and I. I am sure it sounds crazy if you aren't as strong in your faith. But it provides me more comfort than I can even explain. Since the day was rainy we didn't have any outdoor plans except Dylan had a football game scheduled. The late morning offered some relief so Dylan went outside to play with his friends, Brinkley took a nap, Danielle was laying on the floor quietly watching a movie and Brad and I came into our bedroom, vented to each other and cried.
We have so many fears. So many concerns. So many feelings of how can we live with out this part of our family when God calls her home. It seemed too much to handle. In having been thru a similar situation with my Mom just a short under 4 years ago, I think I'm familiar, I think I am prepared and feel like its my job to share that with my husband. But this could be so different, or so similar. I just don't know how to prep him, that sounds TERRIBLE. Prep him for the death of your child, what in the world! But I guess for me maybe it makes it not as scary, but it was scary, uh my emotions are all over the place.
Brad and I went thru a zillion feelings in our minds, a zillion different circumstances, but we both decided that ultimately all of our feelings stem back to wanting to protect our family. Protect Dylan from seeing something that he should never ever see, protect Brinkley like what if she needs a bottle in the middle of a scary situation with Danielle, does she just lay there and scream, how do we handle that? And then most of all Danielle, we want her comfortable, we want her to know we are there and not ever leaving her side thru this, we want her to know unconditional love and support and to feel her mommy and daddy when she needs us the most. She's continued to be tearful at times, I've taken some pictures but the smiles in the pics are because I made a silly noise to get her to smile. She's good at fooling people and putting that smile on her face when she is hurting. I admire her so much.
We've continued to give meds to keep her comfortable. But yesterday we noticed those meds didn't work as well. But last night she slept well without them.


This journey is confusing. Its mostly really sad. Its scary. And my eyes are foggy today. We are home with our girl. Daddy is taking amazing care of her while I'm at work for a few hours. We've yelled a few times, that didn't make us feel good. We have cried a lot. And we have tried to smile when we are all together. We don't want Dylan to know what is going on, and we keep it all from him and everyone else. We hope people understand as they read this, later, why that is. I guess nobody needs to understand. I remember my Mom telling me that. She didn't want anyone to know her condition, she wanted peace, and that is exactly what we want for our girl. But last night before bed Dylan cried, he didn't know why, I don't know why, the conversations we had were when he was outside, but he isn't stupid. The mood in our house yesterday, on Mothers Day was somber. He must have felt that. That breaks my heart. Today we meet with the hospice doctor for direction.

I don't know what a moment from now or even a day from now holds. I know this moment we are ok. I know our girl is putting up one hell of a fight. I know that we will put smiles on our faces for our family and melt down in each others arms at night. And that is ok.
My FB memory from today, 3 years ago was this.......if this isn't God talking to us, I don't know what it is. God I trust you and we really need you.

No comments: