As I wrote over the weekend things were complicated. They tried and tried to get her pain under control, and see what if anything was going on. We were literally loaded up to move down to the Peds floor when I said, hold up. You HAVE GOT to figure this out. Thankfully they listened. And they checked everything. Tummy, heart, labs, everything and when it all came back ok then Neurosurgery decided to check her head, in a different way.
Yesterday they decided to do a frontal test on her which is where they inject dye into her shunt and watch it, live via scans, flow down the tubing to make sure its functioning properly. So they did that and right away the radiologist said something was wrong. It was very very slow to move any fluid. Neurosurgery then started looking at MRI scans from right after her surgery last week, until now. There was a big difference in cranial pressure. This meant she needed to get to the O.R immediately. So last night she was set to go within 8 hours. They didn't know what they were facing, but needed to check it out and gave us 4 possible scenarios.
Just before midnight the doctor came in and suggested we delay the surgery until early morning. With the catheter going into heart, if there were complications at that site, he didn't feel.comfortable with the amount of staff here over night to jump in and help him. So we snuggled all night long.
So this morning her Neurosurgeon came in and explained everything in detail. He wanted it figured out too, as much as us. They took her into surgery and right at 3 hours later she was done. He wasn't sure totally what he found, if anything. He said they disconnected the part in her head from the part in her heart and flushed it, in case there was a clot. Nothing. Then he flushed the upper part, nothing. But just because it had been draining very slow, at the most open setting there is, he replaced the part in her brain anyway.
2 months ago